Thursday, April 8

Long Night by Tanya Alpert

Wonderful knitting book with beautiful Japanese designs, most of the patterns are using Habu Textiles yarn. This is one of my Christmas gifts from a dear friend. Love it so much! Thank you, thank you dear buddy for being so thoughtful! hehe i think you knew I have lots of Habu yarns!
When received this book, the first pattern attracted me was the pattern on the cover, but because I do not have the suitable yarn for that pattern, I have to go for this one.....
Pattern: Long Night
Yarn used: Habu Tsumugi Silk + Habu Linen Paper
Knitting Needle: 5.0mm
The FO is so so light and comfortable!! But I still have not found a suitable button!!
Thus, for time being, I'm using a shawl pin...
This is the back.
The construction of the pattern is just amazing!!
Stitches used are garter stitch, stockinette stitch, 1x1 rib stitch, increase & decrease. Charts of different sizes are also provided besides the written instructions.
It's knitted in 3 separated pieces then seam together and you get this FO!!

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow... really really very nice.The color looks nice too. What color is it?

Eliana said...

Absolutely gorgeus, Annie!!! I agree with you, this construction is amazing and your pin matches perfectly with this structure.
I think that more beautiful works are coming...

Marico said...

Hi Annie!
It's very beautiful and elegant. Congratulations!

Annie said...

Doreen, Tks. The paper is grey and Tsumugi silk is navy blue.
Eliana & Marico, Tks!:)

Eliane said...

Wow!!!!!!!!
Simply wonderful!!!
I loved!

said...

Lindo, Annie! construção diferente, caimento perfeito:)
bjinhos

R a i n said...

So pretty! I love the designs in this book.

Annie said...

Hi Eliana & Ka, thanks for your nice comments!!

Rain, tks. how are you? didnt hear from you for a while.

Anonymous (Singapore), Thanks for visiting. Pls email to me at nskannie@yahoo.com for more details. Thanks

Monique said...

Wow! I love this!

Annie said...

Tks Roberta and Monique for visit to my long forgotten blog!!