Saturday, September 1

Smocking Dresses

While i was trying to re-arrange some space in the cupboard for my knitting stuff, i found some of these treasures.....

SMOCKING DRESSES!!!

These smocking dresses were made for my dd when she was abt 4 -6 yrs old then and now she is already in her teen! I remembered i have made abt 20 + pieces for her and most of them were given away when she was abt 8 - 9 yrs old and felt smocking dresses are only for smaller girls! These 3 pieces were the 1st batch which i did for her and DD told me that she will keep these for her dd next time! lol.. I learn smocking from some magazines and still keeping these magazines in very good order.




5 comments:

R a i n said...

Those are so pretty!

My mom taught me how to do this too =)

It's such fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks Rain! Yes, it's fun doing the smocking I enjoyed vy much too but not sewing part!

opportunityknits said...

The dresses are precious heirlooms!

Lily said...

You know, Lauri have plenty of smocking dresses given by FIL. He bought them from Vietnam in much cheaper price than if you bought it in here. So lucky me don't have to buy dress for Lauri.

Jackie said...

Those are lovely!